Fayetteville city and Cumberland County government offices will be closed on Monday to observe the Labor Day holiday.
The following schedules are in effect for the city:
- The main police station front lobby and records unit at 467 Hay St. will be closed. Report suspicious activity and emergencies to 911 and file a police report online.
Solid Waste Division
- Monday’s household and yard waste will be collected on Wednesday.
- Monday’s recycling will be collected as usual on Monday.
Fayetteville Regional Airport
- Airport administrative offices will be closed Monday. For questions on holiday travel and/or flight schedules, travelers should contact airlines directly.
Fayetteville Area System of Transit
- FAST administrative offices will be closed Monday, but buses will operate from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- FAST will resume normal operating hours, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m., on Tuesday.
Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks and Recreation
- Administrative offices will be closed Monday.
- Recreation centers will operate on an abbreviated schedule of 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Parks, trails and green spaces will remain open and accessible to the public.
- Splash pads will be open normal hours on Monday; pools are open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the final full day of swim season.
Cumberland County government offices and the court system will be closed Monday for Labor Day, including all libraries, landfills, container sites, and Animal Services.
- Libraries will operate regular Saturday hours from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. but will be closed on Sunday.
- The Ann Street Landfill and Wilkes Road Compost Facility will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday. Container sites will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
- Animal Services will be open for adoptions on from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday. To report an after-hours animal emergency, call 910-323-1141 or 911.
The CityView News Fund is a nonprofit organization that supports CityView’s newsgathering operation. Will you help us with a tax-deductible donation?